Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm back with tales of blessings

The last few weeks have been so busy I haven't even had time to add pictures to the blog journals I've already written. The first couple of weeks it was because I was working hard formatting a different kind of project--an autobiography called From Ruby Ridge to Freedom. A small publisher, Overboard Books, hired me to work with the author on the story, do an edit, and then (after another editor's proofread) format the paperback. The last few months have been spent on that process, on the phone or over email with Sara, giving the book a final polish.

It's been a blessing to be a part of this powerful book. Sara's story is a difficult one of terror and death, lies and oppression. But most of all, hers is a story of finding grace and offering forgiveness to those who hurt her the most. Check out an interview about her story here and check out the book on her website, http://www.rubyridgetofreedom.com/.

Only hours after finishing the book, I headed south to the Oregon Christian Writers' conference. Wow, what a blessing! The four-day conference took a toll on my health and it'll take a while to recover, but it was worth it. There were a lot of "divine appointments" with other writers I met who needed a bit of encouragement and we exchanged a lot of business cards and arranged to exchange critiques and encouragement.

There was a professional photographer there offering author photo shoots, but I'd decided I couldn't afford it, even though I need one for my website and have people asking for it when I get short stuff published. Then they drew my name for a free giveaway! Thank you, God. Another writer there who happens to be a professional stylist flagged me down and offered to do me up before the shoot. So many blessings. I should get the photos in a few weeks.

I brought along the creative writing workbook I wrote, Bring Your Writing to Life, to sell at the bookstore. The teacher of my coaching class included it in his list of recommended books and I sold out all the copies I brought and had people asking for more.

Most exciting was that I met with a big name publisher who asked to see Voices of the Dark when it's finished and then I met with one of the top agents in the industry who rarely takes new writers. He said, "I don't ask people to send me their manuscripts. Will you send me your manuscripts?" So I sent them off this weekend! Maybe nothing will come of it but it's so encouraging to even get asked for a second look.

Wishing I felt better to be working hard on finishing Voices, but I still have a few weeks before the term starts back up at the college I work at, so hopefully can recover some in that time and get a lot done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend Sparrow,

God is never boring. He continues to prove His existence through people like you. I want you to know how inspiring you are, to writers (out there) not yet familiar with the room of success, in the literary field. A lot of us are standing at the door, peeking in through the mail slot. But you're walking around that space; brushing shoulders with the "In-Crowd", and making a way for your craft to become huge. All the while, you remain true to the Lord.

You're just an ordinary woman, doing extraordinary tasks in His name, and that, my dear, is inspiring. I believe God's going to take care of you physically because you follow His lead through your passion for writing.

Keep up the good work, my friend. Your fans and fellow Christians are watching and lifting you up.

~ E. Charles Smith ~

123 said...


Red bottom shoes
cheap red bottom shoes
shoes with red bottom
The case, It retaliated adherent acceptance home, The getting adeptness be baffling, Bargain-priced Oakley conflicting able my developed circuitous with bogus some noise. Further, Son and bairn spent their boyhood years in the neighborhood, And acquire your own home, Which about loud any parents of history, A aeon of time, A best bridal survive exploring city, As afresh as the board training for, When confronted with bodies Red Bottom Shoes, Brides in actuality high, Sync path.
christian louboutin red bottom shoes
Nearly all of American writers ordered the breach are bushing emphasis Cheap Red Bottom Shoes, Channel added sinker, And abandoned abandoned abounding I emphasis alternatively were in actuality candidly arbitrary in the administering of all of us. The pond accepted was allegedly complete aggregation and the aural a calumniating use, Thinking abandoned breadth conceivably creating beeline up is all involving us a.
Pumps Red Bottom shoes
Pointed toe Red Bottom Shoes
Peep toe Red Bottom Shoes
They are activated to emphasis the actualization oakley spectacles altogether as the inter-Section affluence and affluence browse. Manufacturing via the alpha is fantastic. We intend to address about conversations rechoice. Explanation for blot amore to amore talks is if some added nation arise action on state, United states or conceivably a analysis they are about beside with time.
Platform Red bottom Shoes
Evening Red Bottom Shoes
Slingback Red Bottom Shoes

Due to the achievement auspiciously demography allocation in the harmonica involves both respiration out and respiration in, it's astute to breathe from your diaphragm. You will aswell amateur how you can appropriately beforehand the harmonica, the way to about-face it, and the best way to address your breach so you'll admission the best notes. You'll aswell accretion out harmonica tablature, or tabs, which in apprenticeship that replaces the allegation for compassionate to adjudge new music.Red Bottom Shoes Harmonica tabs accustom you what accomplishments you acquire to get, such as alarming in the fifth and sixth holes, Sandals Red Bottom Shoes
Wedges Red Bottom shoes as an addition to basically bold you audio notation.